My Other Blog:

Visit my Dog's Blog

Introducing the DOG!

Introducing the DOG!
Whippet View's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known as Zoe

My Blog Posts

<b><i>My Blog Posts</i></b>

Nov 18, 2006

{ lovely as a tree }

I've decided that card creating and the following blogging process is like Edward Scissorhands meets The Zombie Queen. My workroom looks like a tiny tornado in progress while I'm creating (The Snap Dog thoroughly enjoys this part of the process). Mellowing insues with the camera process, and then we come to the sitting down and putting all this to words. Maybe I should try blogging first then make the card.


The edges of the French Script background layer were softened with Creamy Carmel rubbed in circular motions all along the using a sponge daubber. I wash my daubers after each use with a mild dish soap and use the same dauber for a particular colour group. The tree was inked with an Old Olive spot and then highlighted with Handsome Hunter and Chocolate Chip markers and blended with my finger. I added a swirl hodgepodge in the upper right corner of the naturals white layer which helped cover up the heavy sponging after I took the picture. It added balance to the overall project along with sucessfully masking the heaviness.

Stamps:
Canvas Background Stamp, French Script Background Script, Lovely as a Tree
Inks:
Classic Bravo Burgundy - Classic Creamy Carmel - Classic Old Olive
Paper:
Natural White - True Thyme - Bravo Burgundy
Accessories:
Perfect Layers -Antique Brass Hodgepodge - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Handsome Hunter SU Markers - Stickles Irridescent White - True Thyme Ribbon - Ticket Corner Punch - Sponge Daubers

4 comments:

little buddy said...

I LOVE the distressed look to the French script background. The card is one of my favorites so far! I'm looking forward to seeing more. You are an inspiration. SOMEDAY I hope to be able to use some of your great ideas in my own cards.

little buddy said...

hey...have you taken a hiatus? I came looking to see your new work! I'm looking forward to seeing more! Hope all is well with you and that beautiful whippet!

Kim Undseth said...

I love the antiqued look of this card. I also love the card above it, I think I may need this set.

Lisa said...

my favorite set is lovely as a tree. beautiful card.

No comments: