My Other Blog:

Visit my Dog's Blog

Introducing the DOG!

Introducing the DOG!
Whippet View's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known as Zoe

My Blog Posts

<b><i>My Blog Posts</i></b>

Nov 16, 2006

{ class quickies }


Its that time again and with the holidays fast approaching I wanted to come up with a couple "quickie" cards my class could make. Since I've been blogging I've learned about several new products and new techniques that I wanted to pass along to my students.

On the first card, I used the Cranberry Crisp Love Notes for the card blank and found a sheet of Daisy D's cranberry gingham paper in my box of "scraps" that was big enough for first layer squares for each of my student's projects. The tree on the Marvy Uchida scallop square was coloured with watercolour pencils using using mineral spirits to spread the colour. The little paper punched holes were connected with the Going Grey Stampin' Write marker. Finally the star on top of the tree was enhanced with Scribbles Crystal Gel-Sparkles from Joann's.

On the second card, I used a handcut and scored 3"x6" Kraft blank. The smaller kraft square was distressed with the SU distressing tool and the paper punched holes were connected with a double line of Going Grey. The tiny gold bow is SU cord. The stamp at the bottom of the card is from the Small Script set. The tree and ornament stamps are $1. from Michael's.

Watercolour pencil and mineral spirits is a technique my students have not used and I believe they will enjoy the results ans well as the scallop punch. A quick, clean and simple set of cards that can be used on packages. As an extra touch reproduce one of the stamped elements on the envelope. Time to get back to get back to Christmas present projects before I head out for work.

No comments: