My Other Blog:

Visit my Dog's Blog

Introducing the DOG!

Introducing the DOG!
Whippet View's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known as Zoe

My Blog Posts

<b><i>My Blog Posts</i></b>

Feb 19, 2009

A Green Challenge.. What else but a mermaid?

I ran across this new stamp company while surfing for new and different dog stamps to add to my collection. I fell in love with the cute and quirky images that Shirley's 2 Girls had to offer. Not only do the have a whole line of just the most adorable doggie stamps (and they keep adding more!) but great Ladies with Attitude. They will be hosting a Challenge the 2nd 2sday of the month at 2:00 pm. Be sure and stop by their blog and enter their Challenge and check out all the cool stamps they have to offer!


Their first challenge is a GREEN CHALLENGE utilizing a template that is posted on their blog and of course the colour GREEN. I created a little "envelope" to hold a string of pearls that I could give as a gift. The flap closes over a portion of the mermaid and is held in place with a silk "frog" cufflink from an ancient cuffed blouse that I'd long since put in the Goodwill bag (oops..! minus the two frogs). The inside of the envelope box is lined with a handmade oriental style paper and the background surrounding the mermaid is also from the same handmade paper stash. The box was created to hold the string of pearls although they aren't displayed IN the envelope box in the photo.

Supplies:
Stamps:
Shirley's2Girls- Mermaid with Sentiment
Paper: PTI - New Leaf, Handmade Paper from Michaels, Arturo Fine Stationery - Cream
Ink: Memen
to - Tuxedo Black
Window Dressing: Copics, Lyra - Rembrandt Polycolour Pencils, Oderless Mineral Spirits - Gina K., Fine Iridescent Glitter - Stamping Bella, Black silk frog cufflink.




No comments: