My Other Blog:

Visit my Dog's Blog

Introducing the DOG!

Introducing the DOG!
Whippet View's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known as Zoe

My Blog Posts

<b><i>My Blog Posts</i></b>

Apr 13, 2008

~My Best Friend..


As a collector of "all things DOG" and specifically DOG stamps I'd waited for a long for time an image of a whippet/greyhound to be released. Not only did Hanna Stamps satisfy my wishes but went steps further!

Before my wonderful Zoe, there was Catherine, my grand and great Great Dane, a magnificent harlequin (black and white spotted for those of you who aren't familiar) lady in every aspect of the word. Catherine was my constant companion for nearly twelve years. As a pup she spent many a late evening in the depths of the Churchill Memorial and Library In the United States (specifically Missouri) while I finished my work. She accompanied me to New York City and quickly won the hearts of the Astoria shopkeepers and multi-cultured residents, road in taxi cabs, and spent lazy summer afternoons snoozing in the sun on Governor's Island. And in her old age retired to Florida, as do may bred and born northerners. I am sure you will see both the Great Dane and the whippets image reoccurring on many of my cards as time goes on.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Hanna Stamps- My Best Friend, Large Breed Dog.
Ink: Palette Hybrid- Noir
Paper: DCWV-The Pets Stack, Arturo-Bright White, SU!-Taken With Teal
Accessories: Gift Ribbon from Ellen Hutson, SU! Punch, Dog Bone Eyelet from my sister, Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour Pencils, Gamsol, Pop Dots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great stamp and card to honor your Zoe!