My Other Blog:

Visit my Dog's Blog

Introducing the DOG!

Introducing the DOG!
Whippet View's Sassy Kat.. affectionately known as Zoe

My Blog Posts

<b><i>My Blog Posts</i></b>

Mar 20, 2007

{ bleached doodles }


I've always wanted to try the bleach technique, but kept putting it off. Earlier this evening, I'd put away nearly all my groceries after a trip to the store to pick up a few things in preparation for my sister and niece's visit. My laundry soap and new container of bleach were still sitting on the cabinet waiting to be carried to the laundry room. I decided this was as good as time as any to attempt stamping with bleach. Besides, I wanted something new to show my sister when she came. The fine detail was lost, but the appearance, after I over-stamped the image with black ink created, a shadow effect. The flowers were stamped on BasicGrey's new Blush paper, cut out and applied with fat pop-dots to give the card even more dimension. I used Stardust Stickles to add some sparkle to the card which in the picture doesn't show up. It ended up being a fun, quick, and easy card and I'm looking forward to using the bleach technique on more of my cards.

4 comments:

TwoSpecialWires said...

How fun! I like the contrast between the soft bleached areas and the stark black lines!

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY stunning!!! I am so glad that I finally had the time to come and find your blog :D It is wonderful!!!

Chris Smith said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog today so that I could come and visit YOURS! It's wonderful - I'll be adding it to my Google Reader.

Love this Doodle card - guess I should try something like that on my chocolate paper. I took that set with me to play with/demo at a booth today. So, so fun!

TwoSpecialWires said...

This card and the bleaching technique is even NICER in person! I had soooo much fun with you, big sister! You are inspiration, and I was thrilled my wire fox terrier got along so well with your whippet Zoe. Love you! See you in a couple of months. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!