I woke up this morning to 63 degree weather and the sound of the surf (that means the wind is out of the south) filling my ears as i stepped out onto my front porch to walk Zoe. The card I finished last night reminds me a little of spring. It started out as test elements of several techniques. The yellow behind the scallops was masked using Barely Banana. The flowers were applied in Apricot Appeal using a watercolour wash technique. I applied water using a small watercolour brush to the inked flowers after they were stamped. It will be fun to use the new PaperTrey Ink stamp set which I just received yesterday to perfect both of these techniques. Nichole Heady is an incredible designer and a fantastic inspiration. Next I took two scalloped pieces I'd "practiced" punched with the SU slit punch and added them to the top and bottom of the flower stamped paper. I mounted them with dementionals to create a "windowed" effect around the flowers after I'd paper pierced and doodled on them. The edged sheer yellow ribbon created a base for the stamped and scalloped piece which I mounted on leftover polka-dotted patterned paper from my from my paper scraps box. Now that I have a prototype, it will be fun to improve and experiment with the combination of these techniques.